Did you know that the main ingredient in your store brought sanitizer requires a minimum concentration of at least 60% of ethyl alcohol?
This is a great ingredient for cleaning or disinfecting but this ingredient can be very drying and irritating to the skin. Try this recipe below:
* 1 cup aloe vera gel
* 2 tbsp witch hazel
* 30 drops tea tree oil (1/4 tsp)-MN Oil Collection
* 5-10 drops peppermint, lemon, or lemongrass essential oil-MN Oil Collection
* 1/2 tsp Almond Oil or Avocado Oil-MN Oil Collection
* Glass bottle with pump
1. In a small glass bowl, add the essential oils and Almond or Avocado Oil and stir.
2. Add the witch hazel and stir again.
3. Add the aloe vera gel and mix very well.
4. Using a funnel, pour the mixture into glass jar.
5. Shake well before using.
Side Note: The Sweet Almond Oil helps to soften hands and will extend the shelf life up to 3-4 months. In either case, the sanitizer should be discarded after 6-9 months.
Find these ingredients in The Melanin Nurse Collections on our website at www.nurseyourmelanin.com
Sign up for emails for DIY Classes at our new location. Come visit us in person at CRAFTED @ THE PORT OF LOS ANGELES (FRIDAY SATURDAY SUNDAYS) 11:00am to 6:00PM AT 112 E 22nd Street, Warehouse 10 San Pedro, CA 90731
🌱Holistic Skincare 🌱
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook @themelaninnurseinc